Our KTX 05, KTX 07, KTX 30 antigraffiti coatings have obtained IBDiM National Technical Approval:
- No. IBDiM- KOT - 2022/0841
- No. IBDiM - KOT - 2020/0551
- No. IBDiM - RT - 2023/0200
Through scientific research and testing, we have developed modern anti-graffiti coatings that prevent graffiti from penetrating deep into porous substrates and paint coating. Instead, they allow graffiti paint to be removed without damaging the substrate.
According to the essential categorization of protective coatings, we can basically distinguish between:
- Temporary disposable protection – temporary coatings,
- Semi-permanent protection - semi-permanent coatings,
- Permanent protection – permanent coatings.
Hydrophobic coating -temporary system
Temporary protection is an effective and, at the same time, the cheapest possible method in the case of one-off application. It consists in applying a protective coating which separates the protected substrate from paint. If the coating is covered with graffiti paint, it is removed along with the graffiti. Such coatings usually consist of ordinary wax, polyacrylate, microcrystalline wax or paraffin-in-water emulsion.
- Neutral relation to the substrate. Such coatings can be removed without trace.
- The fact that re-creation of the protective coating requires the purchase of an antigraffiti coating, no cleaning media or liquids are necessary
- Convenience of use, although they require the use of a pressure washer supplying hot water at a pressure of 60-90 bar
- The coating is highly vapour-permeable.
The main drawback of temporary coatings is their relatively short protection span. It is contingent on the coating thickness and intensity of atmospheric factors.
Temporary system coatings:
Anti - graffiti washable paints in the lost system are perfect for surfaces such as brick, natural stone, concrete, plaster. They are also ideal for securing sculptures, monuments and historic buildings.
For anti-graffiti impregnation in a semi-permanent system, one or two-component preparations are used. They provide protection against graffiti specified in the number of graffiti paint washing cycles.Typically, it is two to five cycles of washing off graffiti from such protective coatings is usually carried out with the use of chemical preparations.As a manufacturer of graffiti removers, we know from experience that the declared multiplicity of washing paints from such a coating is overstated. Each subsequent removal of graffiti paints from the coating makes it difficult to wash off subsequent paints applied in the same place. Semi-permanent protection is a kind of pricing compromise between the cost of permanent coating and temporary coatings.
Permanent protection consists in applying special permanent coatings resistant to chemicals and mechanical damage. Permanent coatings do not allow pigments, markers and spray paints to migrate deep into the substrate. make it utterly impossible for aerosol paints and inks used in felt-tip pens to penetrate into the substrate. Graffiti can be easily removed with appropriate cleaning liquids. They are also varnishes-non-stick coatings that protect the substrate from adhesives,which means that they allow for trouble-free removal of posters and tapes.
Permanent coatings are now modern single-component formulations based on silanes, siloxanes, organosilicone polymers, but you can still find two-component antigraffiti coatings on the market, made on the basic of polyurethane resins, containing organic solvents or in the form of water emulsions.
Advantages of permanent coatings:
- Resistance to mechanical damage and high durability,
- Resistance to atmospheric factors – this enables usage of high pressure washer for all kinds of surfaces,
- High resistance to chemical agents,
- Wide colour range – from fully transparent coatings to the colour palette according to the RAL colour standards,
- Matt or glossy finish,
- Protection against poster sticking,
- Exceptionally easy graffiti removing – especially form the silicone coating. Warm water is enough to clean the paint off.
Disadvantages of permanent coatings:
- For polyurethane coatings difficult mixing and application process,
- no guarantee of the process of "reversibility" of the treatment
- deepening of the color
The permanent system coatings:
We also offer PX 07 primer in the form of a transparent preparation that strengthens the surface and contributes to the adhesion of anti-graffiti coatings.
Comprehensive offer of graffiti prevention systems:
|Antygraffiti System Professional